Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bath room painting?

what color should i paint my bathroom beside white


im thinking paint it blue and have a fish theme going on or i was going to paint it a tint of red like a rose color and then have a rose theme going onBath room painting?
It is your bathroom. Whatever color/theme you want in there is up to you!!! Lighter colors on the walls are easier to repaint later if you get tired of the theme, white walls can be made to reflect almost any color( blue shower curtain makes room look blue, red curtain red ect...) Sorry but I am a big fan of white, colors can be done with accessories and can be easily changed.Bath room painting?
Much has to do with the colour of your fixtures if you are not replacing them. Remember if the bathroom was painted with oil based paint before (which being a damp spot it probably was) then you will have to use this again. Latex or water based paint will peel off oil based paint. The other consideration is that with themes, you can quickly date your bathroom, if the theme goes out of fashion. I prefer the KISS formula, Keep It Simple Stupid. (Not you LOL).
I think you should go with blue, it is very soothing and relaxing.
i like Dark deep blues but not a navy blue
Please be careful with the paint you choose. I painted mistankly with water based paint, and oh my, what a mess. If there is oil based on it already, use oil based over top it. And always remove any old wallpaper too. Another mistake I made.
I love the color blue for a bathroom. I love the fish theme! You should do that one. Rose theme just seems too old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment